Friday, January 13, 2012

Project Runway All Stars Recap: Episode Two

Hello all, I am back with another “All Stars” recap! The challenge tonight was for the designers to create a gown that could be worn to the opera. The catch was that they only had a day to do it and a budget of $350! That is an insane task to do in such a short amount of time, but of course these talented individuals managed to pull it off… well some of them did.

and the winner is **drum roll**
 
AUSTIN SCARLETT! A.K.A. “Scarlett O’Hara” and the “Queen of Couture Gowns.” This dress is made of lame fabric; for those of you unfamiliar with textiles this fabric is VERY hard to work with. So for Miss Scarlett to achieve this stunning gown in less than 24 hours is nothing short of amazing. It reminds me a lot of the famous Marilyn Monroe picture where she is in a gold gown (pictured below). CONGRATS AUSTIN!       

RUNNER UP...
 
MICHAEL COSTELLO! I have to be honest, this dress was my favorite. There is nothing I love more than a LBD, but this dress far surpasses that. The jewels, the feathers ahhhh! Issac Mizrahi (one of the judges) said that he could see Kim Kardashian wearing this to an event and I agree! I’m sure this was a very hard judging because both gowns were to die for.

But in life someone must always take the L, and that person was...
 
YES YALL, SWEET PEA AGAIN! My goodness, you would think with them giving her a chance to come back after making that dish rag last week, she’d be on fire. Nope, this was her idea of an opera gown. Bye, bye Sweetie! Her time was definitely overdue.


Overall this challenge was interesting, I enjoy seeing the intricate details of gowns. The competition is already getting stiff. Keep staying tuned to my recaps. Remember make fashion simple; and then add a touch of glam.


Email me at amg030@shsu.edu and follow me on Twitter @AshleySoBougie

No comments:

Post a Comment