Happy Valentines Day dollfaces! I hope your day thus far has been filled with lots of joy and love. So hopefully all of you watched the Grammys on Sunday and if so you know it was Adele's night for sure. Besides being entranced by her luxurious voice, I was in LOVE with her whole look that evening. If you haven't noticed Adele is definitely apart of the #teamthick crew and boy does she wear it well. I know a lot of girls who ask me all the time, where can they find trendy clothing for a full figured woman [like myself :)] so I am here to give you a list of places I find my goodies and some voluptuous vixens you can be inspired by!
Speaking of Adele, she is the expert on knowing how to dress for your body. Her style to me is like a mix between Bridgette Bardot and a 50s housewife; just clean lines with a vintage flair. I LOVE the dress on the right, she simply glowed!
America Ferrera has been off the scene for a little bit since the cancellation of "Ugly Betty" but her style has never wavered. At the height of her show's success she was always a red carpet favorite at the Emmys. She is not afraid to try bold colors and always has an ultra feminine air about her.
I am not a fan of "Glee" but I loveeeee some Amber Riley! She is another expert at red carpet fashion. The picture above is from last years Emmys and she was named BEST DRESSED over actresses like Angelina Jolie! Don't tell me you can't work those curves!
and the QUEEN of plus sized fashion is *drum roll*
None other than the queen herself! Dana Owens a.k.a. Queen Latifah NEVER disappoints me. Whether she is on the red carpet or sun bathing on the beach she is always glamorous and more importantly she always looks so comfortable in her own skin. The rapper, singer, and Oscar nominated actress truly is a queen because when I look at her I know beauty is certainly not a size.
Aren't these ladies beyond beautiful? Be inspired by their grace and confidence. Confidence is key, God didn't give you those killer curves to hide them behind a sack! Now I know these celebrities have a lot of money to hire stylists and tailors etc. Of course us regular girls do not have all of those resources. But no problem! I shop ALL OF THE TIME! Any trend out there I have in my closet and best of all I don't spend thousands of dollars to achieve my looks. Here are my favorite stores for the full figured woman:
- FOREVER21: I don't know if you guys have noticed but almost ALL of my "Outfit of the Day" posts feature at least one item from Forever21. Their plus size section is so fab! Whatever new trend I desire I know they will have it. This is my FAVORITE store. And best of all they are inexpensive.
- TORRID: Torrid is kind of like Forever21, just more expensive. I find that some of their shoes (especially their boots) and jackets fit me better than the ones at F21. Best of all they have a vintage section, perfect for my Rockabilly chicks out there.
- MACYS: I always find something great at Macys. I especially love the lines Material Girl by Madonna and the Jessica Simpson line. Both clothing lines go up to an XL and the clothes are pretty roomy. I especially love the line Not Your Daughter's Jeans, they fit GREAT! And I have hips, thighs, butt and everything else! Try a pair on, you won't be disappointed. And if you don't find what you want in the juniors section, their women's section has great stuff too. An added plus is that they always have a huge clearance rack.
- AVENUE.COM: Avenue.com is more for the classy and sophisticated woman, I buy a lot of tops from there. They have a variety of styles so check them out and they usually have various coupons for 30-40% off you just have to keep your eyes peeled!
- FASHIONBUG.COM: Fashionbug.com is an extension of Lane Bryant and they specialize in plus size teen clothing. I buy a lot of my coats from here as well as some of my jeggings. They are pretty affordable too and their shipping is super fast!
Have fun shopping ladies! Please don't let your size deter you from seeking out trendy goodies. There really is something out there for everyone! Remember make fashion simple; and then add a touch of glam!